6 Must-Haves When Travelling Alone on a Public Transport | Long Distance

6:00 AM

Travelling long distances on a public transport can be hassle and boring. You'll spend hours of your day just sitting there half-sleeping or looking at the view in your window. Using public transport even has a risk for security. For 6 years of a back and forth long travel on a public transport, I have learned that there are must-haves that will make your travel a little more comfortable and entertaining.

Travelling Alone on a Public Transport


1. Quality Jacket


One of the things that you should have when travelling long distances on a  public transport is a jacket. When you are travelling, it doesn't mean that you have to ditch fashion for comfort. You can still be fashionable and comfortable at the same time by investing in quality jackets.  It will keep you warm and comfy throughout the trip especially for those who prefer to travel at night like me. Quality jackets gives you a polished and classy look even if you are wearing a simple white vneck shirt or a plain blue sweatshirt underneath. If you can invest in structured jackets, that's even better!



2. A Good Pair of Shoes/Flat Sandals


Shoes and flat sandals are the best thing that you can offer to your feet while travelling. As much as possible, your footwear should be very comfortable to avoid blisters. When travelling on long distances and transferring from one public transport to another, blister is a major buzzkill. They're very painful and you don't want to limp around the public transport terminal, right? Don't just wear a shoes that matches your outfit, wear a shoes that you trust.



Travelling Alone on a Public Transport


3. Cellphone and Earphones

The agony of long travels on a public transport is real. You just sit there for several hours! Not only that it's boring, it is also a "waste of time". By having a fully charge phone and an earphone, you can keep yourself awake and listen to a podcasts or to audiobooks. If you are not feeling "educational" at the moment, you can tune in on Spotify and sing with the songs if you are confident enough. You can even download movies or episodes of your favorite tv series in your phone and watch them while travelling. There is no room for boredom when you have a fully charge phone and an earphone. You won't even notice that you've reached your destination.

4. Bottled Water

I always keep myself hydrated when travelling on long distances using a public transport. It keeps me alert on my surroundings even when I'm sleeping. Travelling on public transports has an issue on security especially if you are travelling alone because you have no idea who is the person sitting right next to you. You may want to sleep all the way but it is better if you are only half-sleeping and a water can help you with that. You can buy bottled water on stores but I prefer bringing my tumbler with me. It is cheaper and environmentally friendly.


Travelling Alone on a Public Transport



5. Sunglasses

On daytime travel, it is best to wear sunglasses. Not only it protects your eyes, it also gives you the freedom to observe your surroundings without anyone noticing. Another perk is you can sleep and wake up without anyone knowing!


6. Inflatable Travel Pillow


When travelling alone on a long distance using a public transport, despite of being entertained with your phone, you may still want to grab some sleep. You don't want lean in the mirror because it vibrates as the car moves, not to mention the occasional humps on the road. Of course, you don't want to lean on the shoulders of the stranger sitting beside you,especially if it's a guy. So to avoid those accidental "leaning on the shoulders of a stranger", an inflatable travel pillow is a must-have when you are travelling alone on a public transport. You may want those really cute and foamed travel pillows but inflatable travel pillows are better! They are lightweight and easy to slip in your bag.


Travelling Alone on a Public Transport



When I travel, I want my outfit to be as comfortable as possible. I often wear shorts because it gives my legs more room for movement and it is more comfy compare to jeans. In using public transport, some situations will require you to bend down, climb stairs, stand for long hours, or reach for something, for me, only a short can give me that flexibility. I'm not a huge fan of jeans because it gives me cramps so if you are a conservative type, you can go for leggings. I also want my top to be loose or anything that doesn't hug the shape of my body. Here, I wore a blue sweatshirt and paired it with my nude jacket. Together, it gave me a comfortable yet classy look. I also wore a striped blue shoes to compliment my top and a red Jansport bag (I like to travel lite).

Travelling Alone on a Public Transport


Travelling alone on a public transport can be hassle,boring, and risky but you can be pro-active by following these must-haves.

You Might Also Like

0 comments